Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pop Culture Sunday: Comic-Con!

Comic Con invaded the interwebs this week, supplying me with wonderful sneak peeks of some of my favourite shows! Yay!

First, a look at the coming weeks in True Blood!!!


Eric and Sookie are FINALLY going to get it on! You hear me? FINALLY! I've only been waiting four seasons for this! Woo hoo! :)

From what I can see, the witches get stronger, Sam's gonna kill Tommy for realz this time, Pam's face stopped melting, Jessica is going to meet the sun because of the witches, Tara's girlfriend gets killed by a vampire which leads leads her to becoming Tara Thorton, Vampire Slayer, Lafayette is accepting what he is, witch-wise, Arlene's demon baby blows up her house, I'm guessing that's who did it, anyway, and Bill is totally super jealous of Eric, which he totally should be!

Maybe I blinked and missed it, but I didn't see any sign of werepanther man Jason... boo-urns!

In other news, Eric is sex on a stick. That is all.

***

Next, they have a season 6 trailer for my favourite serial killer, Dexter!


Interesting. Taking on a slightly religious tone there. Will Dexter be facing down some sort of homicidal cult this time around? Masuka was bagging a snake there in one scene, and some random guy was manhandling one, and since the snake is definitely a religious symbol, that's my take on it.

It also looks like Dex has another blonde hottie in his life... lets hope this one sticks around or, you know, doesn't die.

I really do wonder how much longer they can carry this series on... I mean, six seasons of Dexter almost getting caught, but then not really, just starts to feel repetitive. I'd like to final season for Dexter to be caught and be put on trial for his... uh... horrible crimes of killing bad guys... would be quite the moral quandary for the jury, I think.

***

Oh and I'm so stoked for this one... The Walking Dead will be back in October with a full season instead that stupid half season they had last year.


Looks like Robert Kirkman is going to steer them close to his comic by having the survivors head to the Greene family farm. I gotta say, those scenes with everyone hiding from the walkers under the cars is pretty intense. You know someone's gonna get dragged out and eaten.

People need to stop going off on their own! "United we stand, divided we fall," ever hear that!? And Andrea shouldn't be giving Dale crap about how she wanted to stay and get blown up in the CDC... if you'd really wanted to die, you woulda stayed, Dale or no Dale, so shut up already! Make yourself useful and go kill some zombies! You killed Amy after she reanimated, people who aren't your own family should be no problem.

***

So that's what's peaked my interest this week.

Vamps and Zombies,
~Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment