Sunday, October 2, 2011

Everyone slap Joffrey!

I've become a huge fan of George R.R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire. I have devoured the first three books and am well into the fourth.

Seriously, if you haven't picked these up yet, you don't know what you're missing.

It's also the series that HBO's Game Of Thrones is based on. I applaud the show for sticking so close to the source material and killing off those characters that die in the book. The series really can't progress until they do.

Peter Dinklage utterly and completely deserved the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama that he won for his role as The Imp, Tyrion Lannister. By far the best character in both the show and the books.

One of my favourite moments is when Tyrion slaps Prince Joffrey in the second episode. Joffrey is a little shit, and I can't wait until he dies in the show.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here's a video someone made of Tyrion slapping Joffrey for 10 whole minutes.



2 comments:

  1. ooooh how many books are there? would you share if i promised to read them in a speedy fashion and return them unharmed? i <3 game of thrones!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno... I may require a sworn oath in blood – or possibly your firstborn son – if I am to lend my books out. I've had many disappear over the years. ;p

    There's five books (so far), four of which are in paperback. The fifth was just released a few months ago and is still in hardcover.

    ReplyDelete