Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WLW: That First Step

I'm really going to hate that blonde bitch in the step aerobics DVD. I can already tell. She's far too peppy for someone that's clearly trying to kill me.

My sister and I started our step aerobics journey last night, in case you couldn't tell. We follow a DVD down in her basement, which the cat and dog watch and most likely mock us in cat- and dog-speak.

You would think that as a dancer, I'd pick up on this fairly quickly. I do it all the time at dance workshops and whatnot, doing step should be a breeze!

Oh, hell no.

Steps are evil, just look at it!

I nearly fell off the step at least three times... this would be why the blonde lady said to look down at the step once in a while. I couldn't coordinate my right foot with my left, and I'm pretty sure I did most of the moves backwards.

But I got my heart rate up, which was the whole point, I guess.

So we're going to do this twice a week for a while and see how it goes. My hope is 'very well.'

After all that exercise from Sk8fest this weekend, plus all the not-eating from being sick the week before, that I would be down something this week. Oh no. I am exactly what I was a week ago. Still only down 10 pounds. Still fuming at the scale.

At least I know I can maintain.

But enough of this bullshit. Time to throw myself back on the wagon and stop fucking around. I know I say that every week, but I really mean it this time! Really!

It should be a lot easier now, what with my weekend getaways all done for a few months. I'm so sick of restaurant food, even though I had some pretty good restaurant food in PG, I still don't want to eat it for three meals a day.

So, the goals are to eat at home so I can control what I eat and how it's made, and to continue with step, bellydance and do some laps at the walking track.

Sounds good to me.

Step and step,
Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment