Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WLW: Craving Steak

I am so bagged and so totally not doing weigh in this week.... I ate and drank so much shit this weekend that I'm sure I will spend three days crying, and I don't want to put myself or anyone else through that, so there ya go!

I had a craving for steak this weekend. Like a all-I-can-think-about craving. A nice, pink, juicy slab of former cow. Sorry vegetarians.

Moo.

I must have been deficient in something, because I don't usually eat a lot of red meat. Chicken, fish, pork, those are my meats of choice. Occasionally I'll have ground beef or a minute steak, but for the most part, I don't want red meat.

Websites are telling me it could be due to a lack of protein, which I call bullshit on, because I do eat protein. Maybe not enough, I don't know.

I never used to eat steak – never liked it, never wanted it and when I did eat it, it was cooked to the point that is was the consistency of an old shoe. Maybe that's why I never liked it?

But as I got older, I started having my steak cooked well done to medium-well. Now I'm down to just medium. I don't know if I can make the jump to medium-rare, though I've had many people tell me that's the best way to eat steak.

Either way, it was fan-fucking-tastic. I would have taken a photo of this amazing steak, but I ate it too fast. Whoopsie-doodle!

Okay, I'm done talking about meat now.

After feeling like shit from the food I ate all weekend, I've eaten nothing but veggies, fruit, yogurt and soup since I got home. I haven't even felt like eating that, but I know I need to, so I am.

So that's that for this week. Gonna be less of a carnivore for awhile, just to get my system straightened out.

Bloody beef,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment