Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WLW: Distracted By Shiny Things

I love my new teapot!!!

Seriously, it's the bestest thing ever in life! It's made for loose tea, which I now have in abundance, and gives me at least two big mugs full of cookie-smelling goodness.

I'm a little teapot, short and stout....

I feel all fancy serving my tea from its own little pot as opposed to just dropping a bag into a mug of hot water. I want a top hat to wear too so I can be The Mad Hatter and Dante can be the March Hare and Stormy can be the Dormouse.

Too much?

So yeah, I love my tea, I'm drinking it like crazy, which is keeping me all nice and hydrated. That's a good thing, I understand. My Fitness Pal likes me hydrated too. My little water cup thingy overflows just about every day.

I think I'm figuring the whole calorie counting this out. I know what I ought to eat and where I need to cut back. For instance, rather than getting a medium soup from Safeway, I'll get a small one. Then I can have my whole ham and havarti wrap, with some mayo on it even.

Dinners are a little awkward during the week, since I have jogging, derby practice and dance practice that pushes my mealtime back considerably. Especially if I want to actually cook something. I've got a pork tenderloin in the oven as I type this, and I doubt I'll actually get to eat any of it before I have to leave for dance. Rawr.

I'm hungry now, dammit!

It also increases the number of calories I should be consuming by a considerable margin, especially after derby. A friend suggested I make myself a smoothie after derby, just to replenish some of those calories. I took her advice last week and it was quite nice, actually. I tried to make one last night, but my milk had gone sour and I had to throw the whole thing out. It was gross. But a great idea in principle! I've bought new milk so I can try again tomorrow.

More often than not, I've managed to come in under my daily intake, though somedays I've had more fat or protein than I should. Whatevs, this is a work in progress!

And, I will say, this week it seems to be working. Last week I had posted I was up to 224.7 after my initial Fitness Pal weigh in of 224.1 – this week, I am at 221.4lbs.

I was actually a little confused this morning, because I forgot it was Wednesday and didn't think that would be my actual official weigh in. But then I remembered it was, and I did a little dance because I'm creeping ever closer to getting out of the 220s! Yay!

I am paranoid that it's just a fluke, so I'm going to refrain from celebrating too much, just in case. Stick to the proper eating and don't get distracted by all the Easter candy.... so much Easter candy....

Sigh.

We're all a little Mad here...
Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment