Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WLW: Whoop Whoop

Hah! Back on schedule!

Okay, it's day three of my new work shift and I am unbelievably fucking tired. I thought I wasn't doing too bad this morning, but by 10:30 I was starting to fade again.

I figured today I'd bring in two travel mugs full of coffee so I wouldn't have to go buy any. My regular coffee shop has been closed for the last few weeks so I've had to live with home brewing or going to another shop and drinking gross coffee.

I dunno what was different this morning, but I think my coffee tried to eat a hole through my stomach.

Oh coffee, why has thou forsaken me?!

I couldn't even finish my oatmeal. Granted, I'd added too much water last night so it was extremely slimy and mushy this morning and likely that was part of my not wanting to finish it, but still. Gross.

Breakfast is now the meal I eat at work, which I have at around 6:30 or 7. Since I'm done at 1 p.m., I don't really see a point in having lunch there too, so I've been waiting for when I get home.

This does lead me to wanting a snack around 11, which I should probably start bringing along. Otherwise I'll just walk to Mac's like I did on Monday and get a little bag of chips. Oh, and by the way, Zesty Nacho Arriba Tortilla chips do not mix well with coffee.

Maybe that's part of the whole burning a hole through my stomach thing? Muffins go with coffee, not chips.

Anyhoo, I'm giving myself this week to kind of adjust physically to the whole switch-up. Next week I'd like to start looking into going back to the gym maybe once I'm off at 1. Good use of an afternoon, dontcha think?

So I shall continue to slog my way through the mornings, hopefully adapting quickly so I don't need a two hour nap when I get home everyday.

On that note, I'm off to shower and prep for tomorrow morning.

Coffee and Oatmeal,
Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment