Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life as a Daywalker

So it's a week into my new life as a Daywalker... meaning my new shift of 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.

It's not like this is a new thing in my life – I've worked morning shifts since I started working at the age of 14. Housekeeping, prep cook, clerk, golf course maintenance; all of these jobs involved me starting work at 6 a.m. or earlier.

I must be getting old or something, because it's getting harder to adjust to the switch in schedule.

Coffee is no longer any help in this situation. One travel mug isn't enough; more than that and it feels like I have a stomach full of battery acid.

I had every intention of going to the gym this week, but that dream's been a little shattered since I only got four hours of sleep last night and I really needed a nap.

I would really like to get past this exhausted stage.

For now, here's a baby ocelot. Behold it's epic cuteness!


G'night folks.

ZzzZzzzzz.....
Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment