Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WLW: Confessions of a Workaholic

Good god, this was a long week...

I've been working perhaps just a bit longer than I should be, but it's for a good cause, I swear! That cause being my livelihood, by which I mean my job. People don't wanna buy a newspaper that's crap, and I don't want my name attached to a paper that's crap. So we're working on some schedule shifts and whatnot in order to make that happen. So there.

Being at work so much means I'm bringing a lunch and snacks with me to work so I don't walk down to the corner store and buy chips or other such junk. This has actually worked out in my favour, as all I'm eating during the day to soup, salad, fruit and green tea. Oh, and a yogurt cup and maybe a fibre bar. That's it. I'm actually starting to feel full on just a soup and salad... which is something I never thought would happen considering how much I used to eat at lunch.

I've been crazy busy with work, but I'm still getting my workouts and running sessions in, so that's a bonus. And it's paid off...

Last week I had a bit of a gain, and I was at 223.4 lbs. Between saying goodbye to a coworker with a dinner of chicken souvlaki and all the trimmings, I still managed to get down to 222.4 lbs.

Huzzah!!

And now I have to get back to work. Lame update this week, sorry about that. I'll do better next week.

For now, here's a photo I took this evening. As part of Family Literacy Week, a Discover Cooking class was held. I didn't get to stick around to see the end result, but their dessert of baked apples looked like they would be delicious.

Like apple pie, but without the actual pie part.

Work smarter, not harder
Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment